Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Doubling up on Homepages



























 I have been remiss in posting homepage updates. I put up a new image last week, on schedule I must note, but failed to make my requisite blog entry about it. I'm certain no one but myself noticed or paid any attention to such an egregious oversight.

So, to correct the error, I'm posting a double dose today and putting in the image from last week and the new one for the coming week.

The image above, "Plug in the Grass", is an older image shot with the trusty old Canon G9. The G9 was my go-to, travel camera in the days before the Sony NEX cameras joined the party. It's an image I've always been quite fond of and have nearly used a number of times but not quite. But today it called out and demanded to be sent in. It's just a fun arrangement of textures and forms that, to my eye at least, works really well as a black and white image.

Last week's home page image "Centenarians" is below:







































This image captures a wonderfully weathered old barn and a similarly weathered and ancient yellow birch tree that have been living side by side for a very long time. Taken in the fall, it presents these venerable beings, one man-made and the other a creation of nature, in the stark, unadorned reality of their existence.


No comments:

Post a Comment