Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

First HomePage from the Sony NEX-7


I got a new camera a little over a month ago and I've been wondering when I would get my first Homepage picture posted from it. I've been shooting with it a lot, needless to say, but for whatever reasons all the images I've been posting have been from the archives. The new camera is a Sony NEX-7 and is a great expansion of my NEX system as I get ready for our big trip later in the year. Ever since getting the NEX-5n a couple of years ago, I've been migrating more and more away from the Nikons I've been using for years. A sweet thing about the NEX cameras is that I can still use all of my Nikon glass with them. Though to be honest some of those big Nikon lenses look pretty silly on the little NEX bodies.

A couple of weeks ago we were in Williamsville, just outside of Buffalo, for a family wedding. As we wandered around the wife's old stomping grounds one morning, we came across the old Williamsville Depot at the end of a lovely new park space. Parked next to the Depot was this baggage cart loaded with appropriately old baggage. Couldn't resist and end up really rather liking the shot - especially with the sepia toning (unabashed traditionalist that I am).

No comments:

Post a Comment