Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Blogging again

After a very long absence, I'm coming back to the jolly task of creating and maintaining (we hope) a blog in conjunction with my newly designed website.

Not sure just yet how it might be utilized, but for the moment I see it as a platform for sharing a bit about some of the images that will be appearing on my site.

This image for example
                   Framing for Birches 

is the image on my first home page for my new site. It's been a very successful and popular image so far. I entered it in LPCA's Black and White Juried show earlier this year and it was awarded First Place. In another show in Malone, NY it took an Honorable Mention. I've always been somewhat conflicted about how to present the image because I like both color and black and white versions of it.


Anyone care to comment on their own preference?

It was a still, foggy morning and a scene I see virtually every day took on a special look. With a wide-angle lens I was able to get in the framing elements of the trees in the mid-distance and the softening effects of the fog. Early morning light filtering through didn't hurt anything either.

Take a swing through my new site if you haven't been there yet. www.roundlakestudios.com

Going to set a goal of doing at least one of these a week. More than that and it tends to get overwhelming. And how much do I have to say anyway?

Burdette

1 comment:

  1. Comment on which works better for you - B&W or color.

    ReplyDelete