Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Just Lookin'

There was a piece on a video about some of Jay Maisel's work on TOP the other day. (Check it out at TOP: http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/blog_index.html/)  It's a very interesting piece on a very interesting and delightful photographer. There is some similarity about the way he approaches picture making and the way I do, but he, of course, is much more successful at it -- or perhaps I flatter myself too much.

After watching the video. I thought I'd just wander around the house on a rainy day and see what I could find. It's a good exercise to do every so often - actually pretty often.

















No great shakes. Just exercising the eye in an environment we tend to take way too much for granted. If you can find interesting images in the most familiar of places, your odds of finding them in other places is going to be better too. Just keep looking -- and shooting.


No comments:

Post a Comment