Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

An Unexpected Hit

You know how sometimes you just do things on a whim without really thinking about it and are surprised at the result? Well that's pretty much what happened earlier this week when I decided on the spur of a moment to change my profile picture in Facebook.

A few days ago I had taken a walk after another of our frequent rain showers and, as usual, took the camera along. As I walked, I got interested in the brimming puddles. These intriguing juxtapositions of light, texture etc. were begging to have some attention paid. I took a number of shots and when I processed them later found a couple I rather liked. I didn't really think of them being particularly good, but they were interesting and fun. So, as I said, on a whim I stuck on in as a profile picture. 


I was very surprised by the rapidity and enthusiasm of the responses. One of the amazing things, of course, was the reinforcement it provided about the level of involvement we have developed for and in the world of social media. There have been a number of people who have responded very strongly to this particular image. And it's always gratifying to get positive feedback about our work. The one I put up before this was a closeup of some apple blossoms. They were very pink. I liked the blossoms, but pink isn't really my color -- it works a lot better for my grand-daughter who's obsessed with it. So I changed for the above image. Better suited to my personal palette.

No comments:

Post a Comment