Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bearded Irises - POTD on NCPR!

I have a photo doing "Photo of the Day" duty over at NCPR - today only.


And notice the little hitchhiker on the side of the blossom? I didn't see it when I took the shot, but noticed it when I was doing post-processing.

I was in the office doing some paying of the bills when I glanced out the window and saw this unusual phenomenon -- sunshine! And it was shining through the petals of these gorgeous irises. Grab camera. Slap on macro lens. Go shoot.

Here are some more images from that shoot - with proof that the sun can shine. Though around here lately, not so much. Plenty of rain though to keep these beauties growing.





















And finally, the very O'keeffian...



Now is that sensual or what? Flowers are amazing. And the closer you look, the amazinger they get.


No comments:

Post a Comment