Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Legacy lens on Sony NEX


One of the really attractive things about the Sony NEX cameras is their ability to work with just about any lens in the mighty lens firmament. That means all of the Nikon mount lenses I've been accumulating over the years are still fair game even though I've mostly abandoned my Nikon hardware and defected to the Sony side.

A few days ago I finally got around to dusting off a Nikon lens I hadn't used for many years. Not even sure why not, I just hadn't been using it. It was just collecting dust - never good for lenses - in the closet. The lens in question is the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5. I've always known it was fabled for its sharpness, but I had forgotten just how wonderful its images can be. I slapped an adaptor on it and fixed it on the Sony and raided the wife's flower garden. I had been out earlier with another Macro lens and liked those images well enough, but the difference felt palpable. I really liked the images the Micro-Nikkor produced. 
















I want to do some portrait shots with this lens. With the APS-C sensor factored in, the lens has an effective focal length of just under 85mm. Might make a really nice little portrait lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment