Eyeful

Eyeful
Eye to eye with a Great Horned Owl.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Moving parents up a notch


Forgive me for a slight redundancy, but I've been fascinated watching the progress of our temporary neighbors and put up an image of the mother of the group as my homepage photo this week. It went up on Saturday (still on schedule I would like to note) but I've waited until today to report it here - like who's watching anyway.

I did an earlier post (with photos, of course) regarding the nesting and feeding activities here.

Those activities have ended. The nest has been vacated and I would assume the little woodpeckers successfully fledged - though that is only an assumption as we did not see it happen. The weather was consistently crappy and I'm sorry to say that they probably took their maiden flights into wet, nasty weather. Maybe one of the many claps of thunder propelled them out of the nest. Ah well, probably an appropriate introduction to life in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment